Hmmm…I tried Gesso today.
It didn’t turn out exactly like I thought it would, but that’s okay.
To start I arranged my hearts like I wanted them on my background.
I started by painting the Gesso on around my hearts.
The first issue was my vellum began to curl. I thought the Gesso would act like a glue, but it doesn’t with vellum or at least not this small of piece.
I then switched to using my fingers to quickly spread the Gesso. My intention was to have a white washed look. I almost got it.
I think I forgot to water the Gesso down. Oh well! I’ll remember that for next time.
After it dried with the help of my heat gun I added various Martha Stewart inks to both my hearts and the dried Gesso.
Here is the finished pages~
As you can see the picture covers most of my Messy work. And I won’t admit whether that was planned or not.
I did add more hearts that I inked with white to blend with the original hearts, but to also give more dimension.
It will be interesting to see if my page flattens after I complete the back side. I can only hope.
And with this completed I can check Gesso off my Get Messy to do list.
If you have any tips, please feel free to let me know.
Otherwise I think I need to watch Celine’s instructional video again.
Studio Calico Get Messy kit
Maya Roads ribbon, twine, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder